Wednesday, June 22, 2011

If I Only Knew...

Yesterday was my birthday and for some reason I spent some of the day thinking about what all I have learned in my life. While I don't consider myself wise in anyway I have definitely learned way more than I thought and I wouldn't want to either go back and change anything or to learn what I have any earlier. But here is the advice I would have given myself back then.

15 years ago (man that seems like such a long time ago!)
  • You don't have to be the life of the party all the time, sit back and relax some, people watching is much more fun and trying to be loud and funny all the time just seems very immature.
  • The guy you are dating now will not be the man you marry so who cares what he does, let him be and don't try to change him.
  • Make more girl friends, you will need them through out your whole life and you have a lot more in common with them now than you think.
  • Enjoy your body, don't mistreat it by not eating, it will never look like this again, in fact it might even look better the older you get.
  • Quit fighting with your parents so much, they aren't going to change, just try to accept them for the way they are.

10 years ago (I was 21!)
  • Don't be scared to try new things, just go for it, you are having the time of your life.
  • Seriously, guys suck right now, quit worrying about them.
  • It's ok to be sad, no one knows where their life is going, just go with it.
  • SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Quit spending it on all those clothes, you won't own them 2 years from now.
5 years ago
  • You are about to be married by the end of the year, enjoy your life, seriously leave the boys alone.
  • Read your bible more.
  • Quit fighting with your mom.
  • Relax.

I always wanted to live my life with no regrets, I'm doing good so far. Knowing how I was back them I never would have listened to this advice anyway but you never know. I also know I have a lot more learning to do, at least I have a great husband to be by my side and help me along the way. And I have great girl friends who give great advice as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment