Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day Present #1

I made my husband swear he would not look at my blog until after Father’s Day, that way if there were any last minute ideas you guys needed you could check out what we did. And yes there are two different presents for him I didn't think I would remember to do one of these next year so he is getting one from the boys and one from me. The boys made him the cutest (with some help from mommy) frame with their hand prints in it. I got the idea from this blog and decided to make it my way. So off to my new favorite place Hobby Lobby and we got a plain wooden frame which I stained from Steve's leftover stash.

We then found an old handkerchief and some scrap fabric and traced the boys hands and some of their arms. I also left enough room for our other children (maybe two more ha?) to be able to add their hands to it. I used the fabric heat and bond and here it is!


We put it in the frame,

I painted a little saying (I am a horrible painter and there are much better ways to make this look good) that says "Daddy, no matter how big we get we will always reach for you!" 

End product :)
I hope you guys enjoyed this we had lots of fun making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment