Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Date in a Box

So as I mentioned two days ago I had the best Valentine's Day present ever! At least in my mind, and it will work perfect for my husband and me. I really wanted to do something homemade (I am semi-learning how to become Martha Stewart, I think my big sis Emilie will be so proud), and was racking my mind with what I could do. I then stumbled across a blog from a friend called the Dating Divas. It is an amazing blog you have to look it up. Anyway while reading it I came across one of their guest bloggers who wrote about her date in a box. The light bulb went off in my head and I just knew what my present would be. So with some random items I found around my house our date in a box came together. I started out with an empty oatmeal container, used some random material and bought some scrapbook stickers at Hobby Lobby. Then I looked around to see what else I could use and here is what I found... 
scrapbook scissors and some reversible mat stack paper...and here it is!!!


Our Date in a Box

52 different dates that we get to go on :)

I also googled fun dates, creative dates, cheap dates, you name it I googled and found so many fun ideas about this. My friend Salina blogs about some of her dates as well from their notecards they got called 52 Cheap Dates by Lynn Gordon, so I took a few from there too. Some of the dates online became repetitive, too adventerous for me, or kind of just silly so I came up with a few myself.   

I am more than excited about this, a different date for each week of the year. So I don't want to give away all of the date details yet but I will be writing about them when they happen. And if you guys don't know the story about my husband and myself, we only dated for two weeks before we got married. Let me tell you those two weeks were the most amazing getting to know someone time ever. We were so engrossed on getting to know each other I think we might have only gone on 3 actual dates. Then after a month and a half of being married we found out we were pregnant, so we didn't get to do much in the dating department. Now two sweet boys later we are actually going to get to go on some real dates that will be the time of our life.

P.S. My husband is pretty excited about this as well, he really liked his gift :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! So sweet. I can't wait to hear about the dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) i am very excited to talk about them too and even more excited to actually do them!

    ReplyDelete