Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Morning blah

Good morning to everyone out there! If you guys are like me on a Monday, you wake up wondering where your weekend went and if it really is time to get up. Most of us are probably rushing to get ready and the last thing on our minds is breakfast. Well I am going to say what most of us have probably heard our whole lives, BREAKFAST IS YOUR MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY! So please be good to your bodies and eat just a little something, anything is better than nothing. I am going to give you guys my favorite breakfast recipe that will take all of 5 minutes to put together and is extremely healthy for you.

I am becoming a smoothie queen, I really do love them and they help me out on those super busy mornings with my two boys. All you need is:
  • about 5ozs of skim milk
  • 1/3 cup of greek low fat yogurt (I use plain it has less sugar)
  • 1 tablespoon of flax seed
  • 1 banana 
  • 1/4 cup of blueberries
  • 3/4 cup of mixed salad (i know sounds crazy but you can't even taste it)
  • 3 or 4 strawberries


Throw all of those in the blender and here is what you have.
so yummy!
Now some of you might like a thicker or thinner smoothie so just play around with the milk and yogurt. And for the sake of your body please try and use organic foods, you might not notice a difference at first but I promise your body will. I hope you guys enjoy this...oh and here are some pictures of my boys to put a smile on your face :)


1 comment: