Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Parenthood

Who would have thought a little more than 4 years ago I would start my journey as a mother? For those of you who knew me best I imagine lots of laughter when just the thought of it would come up. I was totally not the mommy type, my interests being where I worked, what I wore, what friends I was going to hang out with that weekend,and where was the next fun place I could move to. And if I am completely honest about it I was extremely immature, bills being paid late, going to work late, bounced checks, the list goes on. And then after almost 2 full months of being married I saw those two little pink lines...wow! I won't even repeat what I screamed for a good full two minutes after, and when I called Steve I was close to hysterical. Then almost 8 months later (Asher was three weeks early) came this screaming, screaming bundle of joy. And that little bundle kept screaming night and day for the next three months. I did lots of crying with him during this time and didn't know if I would make it. Then something magical happened, it all stopped and I had this smiling child who would make my heart swell every time I looked at him.

Being a mommy has been one of the best things that could have happened in my life, besides being married to my wonderful husband. I love having kids, these little mini versions of myself and my husband are so great. I would love to have so many more just to see how many variations of ourselves we can get. It is so amazing to me how these two boys came from the same parents and are yet so completely different. These boys bring so much joy into my life, and yes they are really tough to deal with at times, times when I don't know how I will make it through the day but in the end it is all worth it. To see them look at me with this insane amount of love can bring me to tears every time that someone  loves me that much. Of course I hold back those tears so people don't think I'm crazy but I love those two little guys to the moon and back. I can't wait to meet this next baby to start this crazy time of sleepless nights and even crazier days all over again. I just hope that he/she (please be a she haha) is laid back, I could use a little of that now. 


Hope you guys have a great week, give your mom lots of hugs when you see her, you know this is totally how she feels about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment