Monday, May 23, 2011

Emotional Day

I feel like I am a pretty tough person. I have never really held back when I feel like I need to voice my opinion and even the times when I don't feel like it is needed. I don't get very emotional pretty much ever, in fact it usually takes about two months worth of build up for me to even break down and cry. But like all women I can be down right bratty and catty, when I feel like I need to be. There are a few things that really get to me though, seeing a baby be born, seeing someone commit their lives to Christ, seeing a wedding, and praise and worship music. During any of the above things you will more than likely seeing me about to ball my eyes out, and if I am in private I am a total baby. Oh yes I forgot to mention, being pregnant this time around has made me a total basket case, not kidding.

Today I decided to get out all the boys instruments and bust out a jam to a station on Pandora. Instead of our normal Jack Johnson, Eddie Vedder, Counting Crows, or Damien Rice station I thought we should try and find some kids praise and worship music. As sad as this sounds it actually took me a good 30 minutes of googling and looking up songs on Itunes to find some songs to jam out to. Our first song had a fast tempo and we were able to dance and sing and jump up and down singing the B-I-B-L-E. The second song almost had me crying like a baby. I have never heard Amazing Grace sound sweeter than today with a bunch of children singing it. I know I got a few strange looks from the boys as I was wiping the tears from my eyes and trying to sing my heart out (I sound like a strangled cat trying to sing its funny), but that song really touched my heart. It was also just as sweet seeing the boys trying to sing along even though they didn't know the words and praising God in their own way. So that started my emotional day today, and yes I get a little tear in my eye thinking back to that song. 

Hope you guys have had a great Monday.
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment