Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Best Friend

I write so much about my children and myself but I dont ever get to talk about my best friend. My husband is the most amazing man in the world. I think he is the hottest man I have ever met in my entire life, and I dont mind telling anyone that whenever I'm describing him. I first saw Steve when I was in high school and his brother was giving him a tour of our school. I was so amazed by how hot he was that when they were walking towards me I ran away because I knew there was no way I would be able to talk to him. You would often find me in his brother's office (he was our youth pastor) just staring at a picture of him, and of course I would deny it if ever asked. The second time I saw him in person was at his brother's wedding, which he says I talked to him then but I am pretty sure I didn't. That was my senior year of college and life happened after that with me moving to NYC a year later. 

I had so much fun in New York, in fact Steve and I have talked about moving back there when the kids are older, but anyway something kept pulling me back to North Carolina. Right when I decided to move back I heard that Steve was moving to North Carolina too, and thought maybe my move back won't be so bad after all. After somewhat getting to at least talk to each other at a friends house and some witty texting we went on our first date. Fast forward three amazing weeks later and we were married. 

I am so blessed to have Steve as my husband, not only did God give me the man of my dreams but also gave me a loving father to my boys, a hard worker so that I can stay at home, and a man who loves God more than anyone I know. He is so kind and gentle with me, and so rough and tough and loving with his boys. He makes me laugh so hard even though to most he might seem quite or serious, and we have tons of funny inside jokes that get us laughing like kids at just the thought of them. He truly makes me feel so secure with our relationship and when I look in his eyes I know that he only loves me. Anytime we dress up I get that same funny feeling in my stomach I got all those years ago when I first saw him. I know I always have a goofy grin on my face and then he catches me and laughs at how silly I am. He completely accepts me for who I am, bad moods and all, and I do mean all because there is a lot. I really am the happiest lady on earth.
i love this man!

the picture i would stare at all the time, isnt he so hot

my best friend today :) still hot as ever

No comments:

Post a Comment