Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Boy or Girl

I decided long before I got pregnant again that I did not want to know the sex of the baby. I have tons of reasons for doing this, I love the surprise, I don’t want to cry if its another boy, hearing about all the old wives tales on how to tell is fun to try instead of really knowing, I already have all the boy stuff I need so if it is another boy it doesn’t really matter anyway, and on and on. I think my biggest reason though is this is my last chance for a girl and I plan on hoping and praying as much as I can up until the delivery that this baby will be that nice surprise. Don’t get me wrong I love love LOVE my boys with all of my heart. There is something so special about both of them and I know that another little boy would bring me so much joy. I just really really really want a little girl.

My whole body feels like something is missing right now because I don’t have a girl. Yes girls are divas, dramatic, and will want all of my husbands attention but I don't care. Bring it on is what I say, I will take all of that for a little girl. Ok so maybe I am being a little dramatic myself, but I am ready and I think I can handle pretty much anything I mean I do have two boys and they keep me on my toes, what is a little princess going to do ;) My want for a little girl has even gone as far as following a book on how to choose the sex of your baby.

And I know, statistically speaking my chances of having a girl is only 20% and that girls do not run in my husbands family (my niece Ana is the first girl born in almost 40 years.) I also know that I cannot go by my pregnancies, because Asher and Soren were completely different from my morning sickness to heart rates. So as of now I am going to hold on to my hope of a little girl because the ring test said girl, the hair line test said girl, and a quiz I took said girl. I tried doing the nub theory but I cannot tell if its part of the leg or not so I am going to rule that one out, plus its only 75% accurate (and secretly I think it kinda says boy). I am also not going to go by instinct because deep down inside I think boy but that same instinct told me Soren was a girl and that Asher was too just because everyone said boy. So until October 24th we will just have to take educated guesses, except my husband, he is going to find out and not tell me. No matter what I say, I hope :)




5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet this sweet baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girls are pretty fabulous- 50% chance...but as you know...so are the boys- 50% chance...the chance you are going to be thrilled with the outcome- 100%
    I said I wasn't finding out with #3- husband said he wouldn't tell me...I caved and found out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I posted some insight on 3 kids on your "so sorry" blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cant wait to meet this baby too :) and everyone keeps asking how i can not find out, i honestly dont want to know at all. we didnt know with asher and it was so great i love love surprises too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy or girl, that child is very blessed to have you as a mom and Steve as a dad. :) So happy for you either way. :)

    ReplyDelete