Saturday, March 5, 2011

Asher Blaine

I have two of the best boys a mom could ask for. It has been such a great experience getting to watch them grow up together and see how they are so different but so similar. I am an only child so this is all new to me. I find it amazing the love that my soul produces for them and how that love can be so different for the two of them. 

Asher is my oldest son, and we were so suprised when we found out we were pregnant with him. Steve and I had only been married for two and a half months and all of the sudden I find myself extremely tired and just as nauseous. I swore after him I would have no more kids but then a little over three weeks early came this screaming bundle of joy who suprisingly weighed 7lbs and 5 oz. And boy did he know how to scream, morning noon and night. We were probably at the doctors office once a week with the amount of screaming he did for the first three months of his life. And then out of no where came this little angel. He was such a funny baby, so sweet and easy going.  

He loved his food, his paci, books, and mostly his mommy. I know that every mom says this about her children but Asher truely is so smart. At 18 months he was speaking better than most 2 year olds and at age 3 he can already spell and write his name. He is absolutely obsessed with anything to do with the movie Cars and dinosaurs. One day I was reading a book to him trying to pronounce a dinos name and he totally schooled me by saying "no mommy its a quetzacoatlus", you try saying that three times. 

Asher is also my most sensitive child, always quick to cry if his feelings get hurt. On any sad day I would have he would just get in my lap and cuddle with me. He is the child that will listen, rarely testing his limits, I'm not quite sure if that is a good thing or bad at the moment. He is very shy when it comes to strangers but will charm the pants off of you when he gets to know you. Asher is also my most cautious child never quick to jump into something he knows nothing about, and I have no clue where he gets that from. He truely is a little version of his father which I love so much about him. Each day with him is always a new adventure, sometimes extremely frustrating, but mostly so much fun. Here are some of my favorite pictures of him, enjoy!


loved being in grammy's lap from the beginning

a rare quite moment in the beginning

loved those blue eyes

funny faces

a swing would always make his sleep

sweet face

happy easter ladies!

fat cheeks

loving that strawberry

best buddies

loves his daddy!

favorite place in grammy's lap

so handsome

my little mess

miss that crazy hair

loves grandpa's car

No comments:

Post a Comment