Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sugar, Sugar....

I LOVE sugar. In fact that statement doesn't even touch how much I feel like I cannot live without it. Its like comparing it to a statement like "Living in a tropical paradise is ok." My love for the stuff should actually be called an addiction, its really that bad. I have no problem eating 2 snickers a day, or 8 chocolate chips cookies from Food Lion (they really make the best). I would never be one to turn down dessert, skip late night ice cream, or just eat icing out of the tub because I have no other form of that sweet good stuff.

My problem isn't even in buying the stuff, I rarely do. My problem is that it seems like everywhere I turn it is being offered. My parents stay stocked up on the junk. In fact we came over to stay at my parents in the big Winter Storm of '11 (don't laugh), I walked in the kitchen to see my mom unloading groceries. When I looked at what she was actually taking out of the bag it was about 10 containers of fudge, a large cheesecake, and peanut butter delight!!! I asked why did my father bring all of this home, her response "Well there is a big storm coming, I guess he doesn't want us to go hungry."  My mouth almost hit the floor.

And so five days ago I made a commitment to a good friend Salina Beasly that I would also give up refined sugar with her...well, that lasted for the rest of the day and took three more days before I actually could make good on a promise and give it up. I felt like I was saying goodbye to my best friend, how can I live without chocolate? And so the next few blogs will be about how hard this journey is, what I am learning, and hopefully the best stuff I will get to write about is how much better I feel and look without it. I don't know how long I will go cold turkey, but I know that I will never take it completely out of my life. I just need to get a better control of my love for it, so wish me luck!

Also I would like to appologize in advance for my mood for a while...I get really cranky when I'm off the stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment