Saturday, January 22, 2011

Curious George

I just read the sweetest book to Asher tonight before bed. In fact I loved it so much I just had to write it on here for everyone else. Its called Curious You On Your Way!

(image from thisnext.com)

"Hip, Hip, Hooray! You've done great things.
 The whole world is proud of you today.
 You've learned so much. You studied hard.
 And put your brains to the test.
 You played on the team!
 Of course, the time comes when a curious monkey needs to break free!
 Even if it means you don't know exactly where you're going...
 or what will come next.
 So much to see! So much to try! What should you do?
 It's up to YOU.
 Just follow your dreams and you'll soar.
 You may feel a little frightened at times. But...hold on tight!
 You'll see sights that take your breath away!
 You'll find the spot where you most want to land.
 Oh, what a place it will be!
 The thrill of discovery will be yours.
 And if things don't work out quite as you had planned...don't worry!
 All great explorers bump and crash sometimes.
 There will always be new heights to reach.
 Whatever you do, you will find your own style.
 Even if it surprises a few!
 You'll give to others in ways that only you can.
 And you will make new friends.
 The world needs you now.
 You've got BIG ideas.
 The feats you imagine you'll just HAVE to try...and imagination can lead to
 invention.
 Before you know it, the SPOTLIGHT will be on YOU.
 What will your story be?
 Bold and inspiring- a tale of curiosity and brave exploration!
 Everyone will line up to see!
 And if the path that you choose gets rocky and rough-
 whenever you feel all alone-
 remember, we're with you all the way.
 Today, tomorrow...and every day!
 We're proud of curious YOU." by Kathleen W. Zoehfeld

I love what this book says. I want to not worry about where I am going, and what is going to come next. I want to follow my dreams even if I am frightened, because I can't wait to see what sights are going to take my breath away. How many times as adults have we forgotten to think big, to go for whatever even if we do crash and burn? I want my story to be inspiring and bold, full of curious and brave exploration! And lets not forget when our paths get rocky and tough that we are not alone, think of all the people in our lives standing behind us with whatever we want to do. So everyday lets all try and strive to be a little bit more curious, let our inner child out to see what new adventures we can get in to. I hope this inspired everyone as much as it did me. Tonight I can't wait to dream up my next adventure, goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment