Friday, January 21, 2011

Hooray!!!

So two weeks ago I started my journey of trying to live without sugar. I will admit that I did cheat a few times and with no regret because of how well I have been doing without it. It was extremely tough for a while, but my cravings don't hit me as much and I have learned to do things in my life to try and curb those cravings. I think the best part of all of this is when I weighed myself today and I was down 6LBS!!! I'm pretty sure after I stepped off the scales I tried to high five myself I was so excited. That has totally made those days without candy and sweets worth it and while I am not going to go back to my old ways with sweets I also know that having something a little sweet every now and then isn't going to hurt.  

I have also set a goal of running the Cooper River Bridge 10k again this year, but actually training for it unlike last year. I had a blast running it and accomplished my goal of running the whole time. I found a training guide to follow which has kicked my butt this week, but has left me feeling great at the same time.

The guide is posted on my bedroom mirror to look at each day and remind myself of why I am doing this. I have also been marking off each day if I have done the training that I need to do. Lets just hope I can keep it up, my new time to beat is 1hr 17mins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment