Sunday, October 16, 2011

Baby W's Room

Its finally here!!!! Not the baby but a mostly complete baby's room :) I'm very excited because this was my first project to decorate a room all by myself.  Our room first looked like this when we moved in:







And we totally could not decide on a color which was making me a little crazy. I wanted to use a color called robin's egg blue because I had seen it in so many cute boys little rooms (how many times have I mentioned I think its a boy ha!) but then Steve asked if by chance it was a girl would I really want a blue room. My answer was still yes but just in case I let him talk me into a nice soft green which I believe is called Lunar Moon (I'll double check).  


Next came the curtains which took forever because I had no clue on how to use my sewing machine but my sweet neighbor came over and off we went. Curtains were made out of cloth I found at Ikea as well as some of the wall decorations. So here are the pictures!!!! I can't wait to bring this new baby home and putting him(ok maybe her) in their room.


I couldn't get the color to come out right, I hope you can tell how cute they look. I also got the frames below from a thrift store and my mom sanded them down for me so I could paint them different colors and hang up. Once I know what I am having I will paint the burlap I set inside them with the name. Steve had gotten a shipment for his work stuff and so we made creative use out of the pallets.



This was a panel from the pallet that we used to hang the frames on the wall. The frames are held up by twine (excuse the one in the middle it needs to be repainted and I can't find the paint), and I took the glass out just in case one fell down. Instead I put in burlap (which ps when cutting is very scratchy I thought I was going to go crazy) and the knobs are just fun cabinet knobs I found at Lowes.




This is one of my favorite parts of the room. I got these free printouts here and just used different color stock paper to print them out on. I just cut them down and tied them up with twine and hung with baby clothes pins. Even when I am done with this in the baby's room it will be up somewhere in my house its way to cute!





I had extra fabric from the curtains so I just found some sewing hoops at AC Moore pretty cheap and cut the different characters out that I loved and put them up on the wall. The hubs made a W (for Witherup in case you are curious) out of plywood for me and here is another wall.



I already had the crib sheets and the comforter came from Ikea as well and I found a great tutorial on how to just add ribbon to a crib skirt so I think it all came together nicely.




The bed skirt!



Little/big brother helping me take pictures :)


I still have a few more things to do, I need a shelf built (I'm so glad my husband is handy with tools) and there are two pictures that need to be hung but I can't do the pictures until the little one gets here :) I hope you guys like the room, I don't think the pictures do it justice but it will be so sweet for my little one. I can't wait to use it, hopefully in just another week I will be able too!!!! 8 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!

1 comment: